Who we are
Personal data we collect & why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help detect/reduce spam.
Contact forms safely collect only the information you provide and only for our use, to better serve you. Some options may be required to contact you
Any online sale will collect information for payment & shipping, all of which is safely encrypted & stored for such purposes. You will have an option to create an account on the site for your future convenience. We have no access to your payment information without your permission and cannot see your card numbers. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we may also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year unless deleted from your browser. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks, unless deleted from your browser. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European privacy legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
- Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online offer by users to compile reports on the activities within this online offer and to provide us with further services related to the use of this online offer and the internet usage. In this case, pseudonymous usage profiles of the users can be created from the processed data.
- We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the users will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
- The IP address submitted by the user’s browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies by setting their browser software accordingly; Users may also prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to their use of the online offer as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- For more information about Google’s data usage, settings and opt-out options, please visit Google’s websites: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners (“Google’s use of your data when you use websites or apps of our partners”), https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads (“Advertising use of data”), https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated (“Managing information Google uses to show you ads”).
- Incidentally, the personal data will be anonymized or deleted after a lapse of 26 months.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Our site is SSL secured, encrypting and protecting all of your personal data – as well as enacting other security measures. Our servers are secured and frequently maintained & updated.
Assault Prevention Canada, it’s owners, operators and associates assume no responsibility – in perpetuity – for your use of our products/services. Use of these products/services is undertaken of your own accord. Be mindful & respectful of yourself and others. Anyone found to be spamming the site or posting unwelcome comments will be immediately banned and may be reported if deemed necessary. Abuse of any sort will not be tolerated. All materials on this site – including the brand/name Assault Prevention Canada and https://assaultpreventioncanada.com/, are Copyright & Trademarks of Assault Prevention Canada – unless otherwise noted – and may not be used, distributed, reprinted or re-mixed without specific permission – the only exception is the sharing of attributed links to social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) – though we do appreciate that you notify us if you do share the information and to whom!